Real Madrid: The next Trofeo Bernabéu will be in 2021
Florentino Pérez broke the news to club members during a meeting on Monday. According to the president, work on the stadium means the Trofeo Bernabéu can't be staged.
Florentino Pérez held a meeting with delgate members at the Bernabéu on Monday in which he addressed several issues surrounding the club. Apart from reminding club members that Real Madrid never seriously studied the possibility of signing Neymar and that Manchester United never came to put a price on Paul Pogba, he also announced that there will be a two-year break before the next Trofeo Bernabéu is held. Florentino explained that because of the ongoing remodelling of the stadium, the next edition of the summer tournament (the 40th) will take place in 2021. The complexity of setting up, removing then putting back scaffolding was the reason that the Trofeo Bernabéu didn't place this summer as it would have put spectators' safety at risk.
No smoking at the Bernabéu
Obviously, a costly system to get around the scaffolding problem is in place for when Real Madrid play official games at home. Another change which will be implemented after the rennovation work has been completed is that it will be prohibited to smoke anywhere inside the stadium - a no smoking policy is in place in several stadiums in the United States and in the Basque Country.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news