Spurs lose Lo Celso for two months with hip injury
Giovani Lo Celso will be kept waiting for a first Tottenham start after being forced to remain on the sidelines by injury.
Tottenham midfielder Giovani Lo Celso has been ruled out until late October after suffering a hip injury on international duty.
The 23-year-old was the target of several heavy challenges during Argentina's bruising 0-0 friendly draw against Chile in Los Angeles last week and had to be withdrawn in the 53rd minute.
Charles Aranguiz caught the Spurs loanee with a crude studs-up challenge but Lo Celso later claimed the blow to his ankle was "nothing to worry about".
A statement on Tottenham's official website on Tuesday read: "He will now undergo a period of rehabilitation and is expected to return to training with the first team towards the end of October."
Lo Celso joined Spurs from Real Betis on August 8 on an initial loan deal which can be made permanent at the end of the season, but has been restricted to just three substitute appearances so far in the Premier League.
Speaking a fortnight after his signing, boss Mauricio Pochettino said he was "still so far away from what we expect from him" and "we won't expect too much from him".
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?