Spurs lose Lo Celso for two months with hip injury
Giovani Lo Celso will be kept waiting for a first Tottenham start after being forced to remain on the sidelines by injury.
Tottenham midfielder Giovani Lo Celso has been ruled out until late October after suffering a hip injury on international duty.
The 23-year-old was the target of several heavy challenges during Argentina's bruising 0-0 friendly draw against Chile in Los Angeles last week and had to be withdrawn in the 53rd minute.
Charles Aranguiz caught the Spurs loanee with a crude studs-up challenge but Lo Celso later claimed the blow to his ankle was "nothing to worry about".
A statement on Tottenham's official website on Tuesday read: "He will now undergo a period of rehabilitation and is expected to return to training with the first team towards the end of October."
Lo Celso joined Spurs from Real Betis on August 8 on an initial loan deal which can be made permanent at the end of the season, but has been restricted to just three substitute appearances so far in the Premier League.
Speaking a fortnight after his signing, boss Mauricio Pochettino said he was "still so far away from what we expect from him" and "we won't expect too much from him".
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus