Neymar's father on failed Barcelona move: "We fought for his exit"
Neymar Snr spoke at Edinburgh Sports Conference about the failed Barcelona move and says the lack of a release clause really hurt their negotiating position.
Neymar's father has spoken about his son's desire to leave PSG but says he has to be happy where he is.
The Brazilian tried and failed to engineer an exit from Paris during the summer with Barcelona in for their former player until the final days of the transfer market when it became apparent that they did not have the resources to convince PSG to let him leave.
"As an agent, you feel weak when there is no structure that allows you to come and go," he said. "There was no release clause in his contract and this makes things very difficult."
"A Brazilian can only be happy where he is," he said. "And he was very happy at Barcelona. When his friends ask him if he want to go back, it upsets him."
Neymar Snr. confirms the battle they took up on behalf of his son and says "we fought to find an agreement. We gave the best of ourselves for him."
Te recomendamos en English
- SPAIN Spanish FA offers Luis Enrique chance to return for Euro 2020
- FOOTBALL Photo of Ajax youth player, David Easmon, goes viral
- Premier League Man United: world class players and youth as net debt soars
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James to miss six weeks with knee injury
- PSG Neymar rejects PSG offer, holding out for Barcelona return
- EURO 2020 Low lists teams ahead of Germany at Euro 2020