Neymar's father on failed Barcelona move: "We fought for his exit"
Neymar Snr spoke at Edinburgh Sports Conference about the failed Barcelona move and says the lack of a release clause really hurt their negotiating position.
Neymar's father has spoken about his son's desire to leave PSG but says he has to be happy where he is.
The Brazilian tried and failed to engineer an exit from Paris during the summer with Barcelona in for their former player until the final days of the transfer market when it became apparent that they did not have the resources to convince PSG to let him leave.
"As an agent, you feel weak when there is no structure that allows you to come and go," he said. "There was no release clause in his contract and this makes things very difficult."
"A Brazilian can only be happy where he is," he said. "And he was very happy at Barcelona. When his friends ask him if he want to go back, it upsets him."
Neymar Snr. confirms the battle they took up on behalf of his son and says "we fought to find an agreement. We gave the best of ourselves for him."
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Lampard's Chelsea equal entire 2019-20 error tally in 45 minutes
- Atlético Madrid Simeone wants Suárez to be a Falcao-like catalyst for success
- Premier League Premier League Preview: Liverpool vs Arsenal
- Premier League Solskjaer admits Man Utd 'got away with one' after last-gasp victory
- BETIS 2 - REAL MADRID 3 Real Madrid player ratings from 3-2 win away to Real Betis
- MLS Conmebol sends letter to FIFA regarding MLS position