Neymar's father on failed Barcelona move: "We fought for his exit"
Neymar Snr spoke at Edinburgh Sports Conference about the failed Barcelona move and says the lack of a release clause really hurt their negotiating position.
Neymar's father has spoken about his son's desire to leave PSG but says he has to be happy where he is.
The Brazilian tried and failed to engineer an exit from Paris during the summer with Barcelona in for their former player until the final days of the transfer market when it became apparent that they did not have the resources to convince PSG to let him leave.
"As an agent, you feel weak when there is no structure that allows you to come and go," he said. "There was no release clause in his contract and this makes things very difficult."
"A Brazilian can only be happy where he is," he said. "And he was very happy at Barcelona. When his friends ask him if he want to go back, it upsets him."
Neymar Snr. confirms the battle they took up on behalf of his son and says "we fought to find an agreement. We gave the best of ourselves for him."
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus