Neymar's father on failed Barcelona move: "We fought for his exit"
Neymar Snr spoke at Edinburgh Sports Conference about the failed Barcelona move and says the lack of a release clause really hurt their negotiating position.
Neymar's father has spoken about his son's desire to leave PSG but says he has to be happy where he is.
The Brazilian tried and failed to engineer an exit from Paris during the summer with Barcelona in for their former player until the final days of the transfer market when it became apparent that they did not have the resources to convince PSG to let him leave.
"As an agent, you feel weak when there is no structure that allows you to come and go," he said. "There was no release clause in his contract and this makes things very difficult."
"A Brazilian can only be happy where he is," he said. "And he was very happy at Barcelona. When his friends ask him if he want to go back, it upsets him."
Neymar Snr. confirms the battle they took up on behalf of his son and says "we fought to find an agreement. We gave the best of ourselves for him."
Te recomendamos en English
- Qatar 2022 Match schedule confirmed for 2022 Qatar World Cup
- Simeone not surprised by Oblak transfer speculation amid Chelsea rumours
- REAL MADRID | ZIDANE Zidane fuming at reporter's question: "You're always trying to stir up trouble between Gareth Bale and me - you won't succeed"
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check $40,000 limit: calculate how much you can get
- ALFREDO RELAÑO The City Case: FFP takes a hard hit from TAS and City
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Thomas decides to snub Arsenal and renew with Atlético