Mario Kart 8 helped Griezmann integrate with Barça squad
The French striker purchased a Nintendo Switch during Barcelona's summer tour of Japan and the forward now participates in contests with fellow squad members.
Many are anxious to see how Antoine Griezmann adapts at Camp Nou following mixed early season displays: dazzling at home to Real Betis coupled with rather anonymous performances away to Bilbao and Osasuna.
It's expected that in the next two games (Valencia in LaLiga and Dortmund in the Champions League) fellow strikers Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi will be back from injury with further scrutiny then inevitable.
Griezmann has established a close relationship with compatriot Ousmane Dembélé and it was the winger who encouraged the new signing to acquire a Nintendo Switch and join the internal Barça Mario Kart 8 group where he plays with Sergi Roberto, Carles Aleñá, Dembélé and Gerard Piqué with the gaming helping the striker forge better relationships with his team mates.
The former Atlético Madrid striker is a well known fan of video games with dances from the successful video game Fortnite inspiring many of the French striker's goal celebrations when playing with the Wanda Metropolitano outfit.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Bulgarian football chief resigns after racist abuse
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Leganés paid a fine for not playing Lunin last season
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid look to Haaland, Odegaard and the Gudjohnsens
- BARCELONA Barcelona did not play youth tournament over Spain shirt
- FOOTBALL Ronaldo's milestones on the way to 700 goals
- REAL MADRID Jovic's father defends his son for playing with Madrid after injury
- INTER MILAN Sánchez may require surgery on ankle injury, Inter confirm
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Robert Moreno asks for three wins