The Messi, Suárez and Griezmann attacking trio will have to wait
The Barça forward's recovery from a calf injury picked up in pre-season is taking longer than expected, while Luis Suárez is set to return on Saturday.
It looks like Antoine Griezmann will have to wait a little longer to fulfil a dream and play alongside Leo Messi.
Messi and Suárez
Messi's recovery from a calf injury is taking longer than expected and, according to Sport, the Barcelona medical staff have ruled out La Pulga for Saturday's game against Valencia. The good news for Los Culés, however, is the expected return of Luis Suárez, who is set to feature in some capacity on Saturday.
Messi picked up a calf injury in his first training session of the season, on 5 August, and is yet to feature for Barcelona this campaign, missing games against Athletic, Betis and Osasuna. The Argentinian is expected to be out for at least six weeks and the target now is to return in time to face Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League on Tuesday 17 September.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Barcelona - Napoli live online: Champions League 2019-20
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Juventus sack Sarri: Pochettino, Zidane and the contenders to take over at the Bianconeri
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: will Trump executive orders include second payment?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: how will negotiations continue?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Beirut explosion: latest news live from Lebanon