Ronaldo dismisses talk of winning another Ballon d'Or
Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo dismissed talk about winning the Ballon d'Or after his memorable display against Lithuania.
Cristiano Ronaldo said he does not live thinking about individual prizes after being asked about the Ballon d'Or following his stunning four-goal haul for Portugal in Euro 2020 qualifying.
Ronaldo made history as his four goals led European champions Portugal to a 5-1 rout of Lithuania in Tuesday's Group B clash in Vilnius.
The five-time Ballon d'Or winner became the all-time leading scorer in European Championship qualifiers after improving his tally to 25 goals, surpassing Robbie Keane.
Juventus superstar Ronaldo also took his international record to 93 goals after scoring his eighth hat-trick for Fernando Santos' Portugal.
Ronaldo – who is on the final shortlist for FIFA's The Best award – was asked about his chances of winning a sixth Ballon d'Or and the 34-year-old said: "As I always say, I don't live thinking about individual prizes.
"This is a consequence of what we collectively won. But it's good, I won't lie. The important thing was to help the team. I scored a goal against Serbia and four here and I'm very happy."
Ronaldo scored 21 Serie A goals last season – and 28 in all competitions – as Juventus won an eighth consecutive Scudetto.
This season, Ronaldo has already scored once for Juventus, who are level on points with Inter and Torino atop the Serie A table.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus