Courtois' agent detained by police in Monaco
The Belgian prosecutor's office claimed that the individual was held due to "money laundering relating to the sale of football players".
The Belgian prosecutor's office confirmed a series of raids in Monaco, Liege and London with two detained relating to charges of alleged money laundering with local media outlets claiming that Christophe Henrotay (Thibaut Courtois' agent and that of former Atlético player Yannik Carrasco) is one of the detained men.
"The situation principally is focusing on money laundering relating to the sale of football players" stated the Belgian prosecutor's office.
The other detained individual is an agent who is reported to represent players currently on the books with AS Monaco and Belgian side Standard Liege.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus