Courtois' agent detained by police in Monaco
The Belgian prosecutor's office claimed that the individual was held due to "money laundering relating to the sale of football players".
The Belgian prosecutor's office confirmed a series of raids in Monaco, Liege and London with two detained relating to charges of alleged money laundering with local media outlets claiming that Christophe Henrotay (Thibaut Courtois' agent and that of former Atlético player Yannik Carrasco) is one of the detained men.
"The situation principally is focusing on money laundering relating to the sale of football players" stated the Belgian prosecutor's office.
The other detained individual is an agent who is reported to represent players currently on the books with AS Monaco and Belgian side Standard Liege.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?