Giuliano Simeone quits River Plate "without permission" to join Atlético de Madrid's youth team
Giuliano Simeone has abandoned River Plate "without the club's permission" to start this season with Atlético de Madrid's Under-18s in the División de Honor.
None of Diego Simeone's are left in Argentina. All three are in Europe and closer to their father. The eldest, Gio, moved to Italy in 2016 to join Fiorentina and now he is with Cagliari. The middle son, Gianluca, signed for Spanish Second Division B outfit Ibiza this summer. And now El Cholo's youngest son Giuliano has left Buenos Aires to fly to Madrid where he will spend the rest of the season with Atlético's youth team.
Guiliano Simeone had been playing for River Plate's youth team and left "after achieving all he set out to do" at the club La Página Millonaria reports and now he's in Madrid. For the remainder of the season he will be playing for Atleti's Under-18s - he's already training with his new team mates. His departure however, has caused problems back in Argentina as some have claimed that he left River "without permission, and due to the current economic situation the country finds itself in". According to Olé, River will be claiming compensation. Giuliano has worked as a ballbo in several of Atlético's matches.
El Cholo on Gio's chances of joining him at Atleti
Guiliano is the first of El Cholo's sons to join Atlético. Back during the 2017-18 season, there was talk that he might lure his eldest son Gio to Atleti to help the team's dearth of goals (Gio had scored 14 goals for Fiorentina at the time). El Cholo though, was cautious, saying, "I don't like talking so much from the point of view of being his father, but I don't mind speaking on the matter as a coach. He's a player who has everything he needs to play under me, but unfortunately, I'm never going to bring him here. I don't like saying never, but... It's very difficult having a son in the dressing room - for him and for our relationship..." Giuliano's situation is very different. Aged 16, he's come to Madrid to live with his father and play for the youth team - like he was doing back home with River. He has yet to make his debut with Atléti's Under-18s.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?