Vinicius should be targeting Ballon d'Or - Casemiro
Vinicius Junior's Brazil debut was an underwhelming affair but Casemiro, his Real Madrid team-mate, feels he should "think big".
Casemiro has told Real Madrid team-mate Vinicius Junior to start thinking about the Ballon d'Or and other major prizes after making his Brazil debut.
Vinicius' debut for Brazil
Vinicius made his first appearance for the Selecao in Tuesday's underwhelming 1-0 defeat to Peru, Brazil's first loss since last year's World Cup.
The 19-year-old has started 10 LaLiga matches across the past two seasons, too, and Casemiro believes he needs to be aiming high.
"Vinicius has a very good head and, in the past year, he has surprised many people with the football he played," the midfielder told reporters.
"It is not normal for a 19-year-old boy to do what he did with the Real Madrid shirt. I told him the other day that this year is a year that he has to start thinking big.
"I repeat: what he did last year was not normal. He surprised everyone and showed that he is ready to be a starter at Real Madrid.
"When you are a starting Real Madrid player, you have to think big. Think of the Ballon d'Or, FIFA's World XI. He is a great player and he has already proven it.
"Of course, he is very young, you cannot put too much pressure and weight on his back. But I think he has to start thinking big.
"It is very important for us that he is here with the national team, but we have to be calm; two years ago he was playing in the Flamengo youth team."
Te recomendamos en English
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT Supreme Court votes to uphold the Affordable Care Act: how does this affect me?
- AMERICAN FAMILY PLAN What is a "death tax" and what's Biden proposal?
- NBA Bucks vs Nets Game 7 live online score: NBA Playoff stats, highlights, updates...
- FATHER'S DAY 2021 Why is Father’s Day celebrated in June?
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020: Spain's options of making the Last 16
- USMNT Barcelona: agreement with Olympique Marseille for Konrad de la Fuente