Barcelona's Arda Turan sentenced to jail over nightclub fight
The Barça midfielder, currently on loan with Turkish club Basaksehir, was sentenced to two years and eight months in jail for firing a gun to cause fear and panic, illegal possession of weapons and intentional injury.
Barcelona midfielder Arda Turan, currently on loan with Turkish club Basaksehir, was sentenced to two years and eight months in jail for firing a gun to cause fear and panic, illegal possession of weapons and intentional injury.
However, the court deferred the implementation of the verdict, which means Turan will not go to prison unless he commits a crime in the next five years.
Turan was involved in a fight with Turkish singer Berkay Sahin in an Istanbul nightclub late last year, leaving the singer with a broken nose. Turan later arrived at the hospital with a gun which he fired at the ground, causing panic.
Basaksehir said they had fined the 31-year-old 2.5 million Turkish lira ($432,548) over the incident. He joined Barcelona from Atlético Madrid for 34 million euros ($37.45 million) in 2015, winning four trophies, making 55 appearances and scoring 15 goals for the Catalan club.
Turan has played for Turkey 100 times and scored 17 goals for his country.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win