Florentino: "There's a French player we like and we'll go for him"
The president of Real Madrid spoke at the General Assembly and spoke about exits, signings, their poor form last season and Real Madrid women's team.
Florentino Perez spoke at Real Madrid's General Assembly on Wednesday and spoke about signings including their attempts to sign Robert Lewandowski and Paul Pogba, departures and LaLiga television rights.
"We went for Lewandowski in different years and they wouldn't sell," he said. "It was the same situation with Pogba." When asked about Kylian Mbappé, Florentino admitted that "obviously we like a French player and we will go for him but they won't sell him to us."
On last season, Perez says "you have to be self-critical but also put value in everything that has been won. We won four Champions League." Madrid's president also has an issue with LaLiga trying to grapple control of their rights off them and balance the playing field. "They are trying to collectivize rights that belong to us. This kind of thing wouldn't even happen in Russia."
Women's football at Real Madrid
"Many members and fans with daughters asked us and the moment has arrived," he said. "We picked Tacon because they have the academy structure in place."
While still not formalised, Real Madrid should take over Tacon at the start of next season even though their marriage didn't get off to the best start when they were hammered 9-1 by Barcelona in the first game of the women's league last weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?