Sacchi: "I innovated with Milan and now Pep and Klopp are doing it"
The Italian manager says the Premier League is living through a golden age and names his four favourite managers who continue to innovate.
Arrigo Sacchi is one the most authoratitive voices in world football when it comes to football management as a man who completed changed the game in the 80's and 90's.
The Italian won the European Cup twice with Milan and in an interview with the Daily Mail says the Premier League is living through "a golden age" thanks to Klopp, Guardiola and Pochettino.
"Their football is similar to mine and I really appreciate their values, culture and mentality. My Milan team innovated, the teams of Guardiola and Klopp continue to innovate," he said.
"In my book there are many similar phrases that I loved to say before taking the field. I've always loved instilling my players with the desire to go beyond their own limits. In my notes I wrote: 'Victory is important when it is amplified and helped by the beauty of the game'."
Along with Pep, Klopp and Pochettino, Sacchi adds Wenger to the list. "They are three of my favourites but I would also like to add Wenger. He revolutionised English football, he is really great."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 4 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 4 April
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 4 April
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates today: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?