Manchester City are still Premier League favourites – Carragher
Liverpool may have won their first four games of the Premier League season, but Jamie Carragher labelled Manchester City title favourites.
Manchester City remain favourites to win the Premier League ahead of Liverpool, according to Jamie Carragher. Liverpool have made a perfect start to the league campaign, winning their opening four matches to hold a two-point lead at the top early in the season. Jürgen Klopp's men pushed City all the way last season before Pep Guardiola's side defended their title.
City have been there before
Carragher, who won the Champions League, UEFA Cup and FA Cup during a stellar career at Liverpool, believes that just like last season and the one before that, City are still the big favourites. "I think it's a bit early yet. I think we've got to probably wait until Christmas," he said on Wednesday. "I do feel around about Christmas time Liverpool and City will have a substantial gap and it looks like there's a little bit of a gap at this moment. But I still think City are favourites and are the best team in the Premier League at this moment because they won the Premier League and they proved that last season. So I think it's still on Liverpool to overtake City but they're more than capable."
Happy to be back! 🙌🏽🙏🏽🤙🏽 pic.twitter.com/aGdRA2lgiv— Gabriel Jesus (@gabrieljesus33) September 10, 2019
City away at Norwich, Newcastle at Anfield
Liverpool, on 12 points and Manchester City on 10, are ahead of Leicester City (eight) after the first four games. Manchester City make the trip to Norwich City on Saturday, while Liverpool host Newcastle United on the same day.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Alexander-Arnold: "Madrid holds good memories but we've got a job to do tomorrow"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- Neymar ready to face Borussia Dortmund, Tuchel confirms
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Martin Braithwaite's agent arrives to open talks
- LAUREUS 2020 Messi and Lewis Hamilton share Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award