Luka Modric ruled out with groin injury
The Croatian returned from international duty and has been diagnosed with a groin strain as his frustrating start to the season continues.
Luka Modric has suffered a groin strain, Real Madrid said in statement. The club have not specified how serious it is or how long he will miss as they wait to see how it develops.
The central midfielder recently celebrated his 34th birthday and played two full games for Azerbaijan and Slovakia. His role under Zidane has been called into question after a slow start to the season.
Modric's slow start to the season
Modric has started just one game this season with Real Madrid after being sent off against Celta Vigo, missing the game against Valladolid and not being named in the starting XI against Villarreal although he did come on in the second half.
Zidane was handed good news when Eden Hazard and James returned to training along with Luka Jovic, who looked to have injured himself on international duty according to the national team before they did a U-turn on their own initial assessment.
Te recomendamos en English
- FIFA No harm, no foul between Mexico and Honduras after the 90 minutes.
- COPA AMERICA Brazil vs Venezuela: covid-19 chaos as La Vinotinto face up to tall task
- US News Unemployment benefits: How many fraudulent claims were made and how much money was stolen?
- E3 2021 PC Gaming Show at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Square Enix conference at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Microsoft Xbox + Bethesda conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch