Luka Modric ruled out with groin injury
The Croatian returned from international duty and has been diagnosed with a groin strain as his frustrating start to the season continues.
Luka Modric has suffered a groin strain, Real Madrid said in statement. The club have not specified how serious it is or how long he will miss as they wait to see how it develops.
The central midfielder recently celebrated his 34th birthday and played two full games for Azerbaijan and Slovakia. His role under Zidane has been called into question after a slow start to the season.
Modric's slow start to the season
Modric has started just one game this season with Real Madrid after being sent off against Celta Vigo, missing the game against Valladolid and not being named in the starting XI against Villarreal although he did come on in the second half.
Zidane was handed good news when Eden Hazard and James returned to training along with Luka Jovic, who looked to have injured himself on international duty according to the national team before they did a U-turn on their own initial assessment.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Can I refuse to have my temperature taken before work?
- LALIGA LaLiga given green light for Monday and Friday games this season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Four more positive tests in Premier League
- CORONAVIRUS 4th of July 2020: what’s going to happen on Independence Day?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Has Sweden’s herd immunity strategy failed?
- CORONAVIRUS Walt Disney World Resort to reopen: dates, safety measures