"We lit up the Eiffel Tower for Neymar, now it's his turn to do something for Paris" says City mayor
Paris mayor Anne Hidalgo has called on Neymar to give something back to the city. "If he does what he knows he can do, we'll fogive him everything".
Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo is hoping for more from Neymar. The French-Spanish politician is a Paris Saint-Germain fan and a regular in the VIP suite at Parc des Princes - she hopes the Brazilian star can give the French capital something to celebrate by finally winning the Champions League for PSG.
Neymar's debt to Paris
In an interview with Télé Loisirs, Hidalgo recalled the frenzy in Paris when Neymar arrived from Barcelona and hopes the player can return the favour. "Neymar, you are going to have to help us win. We lit up the Eiffel Tower in blue and red for you - Paris' colours and PSG's colours. And now mate, while we love you very much but you have to pull your socks up and win the Champions League for us", the Mayor said with a dose of humour.
"He's got to keep his feet on the ground and help the club who brought him here and the city who welcomed him with open arms. Now, he's going to endure a difficult moment with the fans but if Neymar does what we know he's capable of doing, they'll forgive him everything", Hidalgo concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How to apply for unemployment benefits during coronavirus pandemic in the US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 6 April
- Coronavirus White House recommends everyone not to go grocery shopping
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus deaths have been recorded in the US so far
- Coronavirus: Bayern Munich confirm return to first-team training
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?