Florentino wants a Nadal-Federer tennis match at the Bernabéu
The Real Madrid president want so beat the Guinness World Record for most people to watch a tennis match live and wants Nadal vs Federer at the Bernabéu.
Florentino Pérez wants to host a Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer game at the Santiago Bernabéu and says he has tried several times to make it a reality.
During his chat at the General Assembly, the Real Madrid president said injuries and calender clashes have always prevented it from going ahead. "We tried many times to beat the Guinness World Record for the most spectators at a game of tennis between Nadal and Federer at the Bernabéu but one of them was either injured or it didn't suit. The good thing is that it seems they will last a lot longer, so there's time," he said.
The current record for most people to watch a tennis match live is 27,432 in the Pierre-Mauroy Stadium in Lille, France during the Davis Cup final in 2014 beween France and Switzerland but the Santiago Bernabéu would certainly beat that.
Nadal and Federer play together next week in the Laver Cup with Europe (20-22 September) and they will play an exhibition match in February in the Cabo City Stadium in South Africa. They will try to beat the record with 50,000 expected to buy tickets.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem