Florentino wants a Nadal-Federer tennis match at the Bernabéu
The Real Madrid president want so beat the Guinness World Record for most people to watch a tennis match live and wants Nadal vs Federer at the Bernabéu.
Florentino Pérez wants to host a Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer game at the Santiago Bernabéu and says he has tried several times to make it a reality.
During his chat at the General Assembly, the Real Madrid president said injuries and calender clashes have always prevented it from going ahead. "We tried many times to beat the Guinness World Record for the most spectators at a game of tennis between Nadal and Federer at the Bernabéu but one of them was either injured or it didn't suit. The good thing is that it seems they will last a lot longer, so there's time," he said.
The current record for most people to watch a tennis match live is 27,432 in the Pierre-Mauroy Stadium in Lille, France during the Davis Cup final in 2014 beween France and Switzerland but the Santiago Bernabéu would certainly beat that.
Nadal and Federer play together next week in the Laver Cup with Europe (20-22 September) and they will play an exhibition match in February in the Cabo City Stadium in South Africa. They will try to beat the record with 50,000 expected to buy tickets.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Extra 600 dollars unemployment benefits: when will it be delivered?
- Cocid-19 Worldwide coronavirus cases pass 1.5 million mark
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: are PSG pushing Kylian Mbappé away?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map 9 April
- Sweden Zlatan trains with Hammarby as he considers future plans
- Coronavirus US unemployment figures: latest jobless claims by state