MVP gets AK-47 after leading team to victory over local rivals
There are a number of gifts and trophies that could be chosen for the best player of a match, but an assault rifle is something a little right field.
The team wins, everyone celebrates, and then it's back to the changing room to get freshened up. The congratulations continue, and there's always time for the top player to be handed his Most Valuable Player award. A bottle of champagne, maybe? A shiny memento for the shelf at home, possibly? Or what about an AK-47 assault rifle???
MVP gets AK-47...WTF?!
That is exactly what happened for the stand out player in this Russian ice hockey team after their victory. As the coach arrives in the locker room carrying the weapon, he loads it and looks around at his players. Any feeling nervous at this point?
But it is indeed the award for the team's goalkeeper, who receives it from his captain. And the club president announces that he'd like this to become a Kalashnikov tradition following the local derby win over Chelmet. Unconfirmed reports suggest the president's Secret Santa recipient will be the proud owner of a nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed