MVP gets AK-47 after leading team to victory over local rivals
There are a number of gifts and trophies that could be chosen for the best player of a match, but an assault rifle is something a little right field.
The team wins, everyone celebrates, and then it's back to the changing room to get freshened up. The congratulations continue, and there's always time for the top player to be handed his Most Valuable Player award. A bottle of champagne, maybe? A shiny memento for the shelf at home, possibly? Or what about an AK-47 assault rifle???
MVP gets AK-47...WTF?!
That is exactly what happened for the stand out player in this Russian ice hockey team after their victory. As the coach arrives in the locker room carrying the weapon, he loads it and looks around at his players. Any feeling nervous at this point?
But it is indeed the award for the team's goalkeeper, who receives it from his captain. And the club president announces that he'd like this to become a Kalashnikov tradition following the local derby win over Chelmet. Unconfirmed reports suggest the president's Secret Santa recipient will be the proud owner of a nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early