Mbappé could be available for PSG against Real Madrid
With all suggestions that the Ligue 1 club would be without their young French star, it now looks as though he may have accelerated his recovery.
The good news just keeps coming for PSG in recent days. It wasn't long ago that the Ligue 1 giants were putting together a back-up attacking plan for the visit of Real Madrid in the Champions League, but now they may have two of their usual trident in place.
Mbappé may make Madrid meeting
Step back a few weeks. Neymar was suspended for European competition (and was almost playing at a rival club). Edinson Cavani and Kylian Mbappé were both injured and not expected to be back in time for the opening Champions League game against Los Blancos, one that could have a defining role in deciding top spot. An effective makeshift frontline was being pondered by manager Tomas Tuchel, not to mention question marks over his goalkeeper, Areola.
Fast forward to today. Neymar is still in Paris (although remains suspended). The Uruguayan striker has already been confirmed fit by the club, likely to play some part in the weekend league game against Strasbourg to get him match sharp. Mauro Icardi has been brought in on loan. Triple-UCL winner Keylor Navas is between the sticks. And now, it looks as though the German coach could have Mbappé back too, although it is still a bit of a stretch.
The player uploaded a tweet in which he states he will return in the next few days to train with his teammates. Minutes later, PSG issued a statement confirming that their young star will be working alongside the group next week. He won't be rushed back too early, but there is a feeling of optimism there that he could well be back in time to feature, but if not, he's not far away in what could be a big season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests