Real Madrid: Zidane brushes off Bale's "scapegoat" claim
Zinedine Zidane regards Gareth Bale as a "great player" but disagrees with the characterisation of him shouldering an unfair level of blame.
Zinedine Zidane has opposed Gareth Bale's view of being made a scapegoat at Real Madrid while praising the winger's "amazing" ability.
Wales international Bale almost moved to Chinese side Jiangsu Suning during the transfer window after being told he was free to leave Madrid.
Los Blancos boss Zidane made the decision following months of speculation over their seemingly fractured relationship but the Madrid board blocked his departure at the last minute.
Bale, while on international duty last week, claimed to have been "made more of a scapegoat than most" for the team's shortcomings, a belief not shared by his head coach.
"No, I think we're all guilty if things go wrong or if things go right," Zidane said.
"It's up to us, all of us, we're all in the same boat. We want to change things when things don't go right. We're thinking as a team mentality."
Initially on the outer during the pre-season tour to the United States, Bale has since returned to the first-team fold.
The 30-year-old started each of three club's three LaLiga games before the international break, scoring twice.
"I've always said he's got amazing quality, Gareth Bale," Zidane said.
"He's a great player. What happened in the summer, everyone knew the situation. Now he's here, I'm happy, he's happy, everyone is happy, the fans as well Now we have to move forward."
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?