Atlético Madrid to compensate River for Giuliano Simeone
The youngest son of Atlético manager Diego Simeone moved to Madrid without the permission of his Argentinean club, who are after €250,000 as a result.
Atlético Madrid are set to pay River Plate compensation of 250,000 euros after the youngest son of the Liga club’s manager Diego Simeone, Giuliano, turned up in the red and white shirt training with Atleti’s youth sides after going AWOL from Buenos Aires.
Giuliano’s arrival at Atlético raised a few eyebrows at River Plate, who had not given the youngster permission to leave the club. However, as he is only 16 and had not signed a professional contract, the best River can hope for is a FIFA-imposed tribunal payment for development fees.
Giuliano the first of Simeone's sons to play for Atlético
According to Argentinean daily Clarín, given the state of River’s finances and the economy in general, Los Millonarios are going to try and persude Atlético to cough up a few more euros for the 16-year-old, given the manner of his departure. Giuliano is expected to play for Atlético's under-18s this season.
Atlético and River enjoy cordial relations with Simeone’s other two sons, Giovanni and Gianluca, both also having come through the academy system at El Monumental. However, Giuliano will be the first Simeone Junior to wear the Atlético shirt with Giovanni currently at Cagliari on loan from Fiorentina and Gianluca on loan at Ibiza from Gimnasia and Esgrima.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?