Eriksen offered huge deal to reject Real Madrid advances
Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly put together a fantastic financial package to tempt Christian Eriksen to finally renew with the London club.
Tottenham Hotspur do not want Christian Eriksen to leave the club when his current contract expires in June 2020. Not only would they lose one of their shining stars, but they'd have to watch such a valuable asset depart for no financial recompense. For this reason, a bumper package is reportedly being offered.
According to Football Insider, the London club's chairman, Daniel Levy, has made a further attempt to get the Danish midfielder to renew for five more seasons that would see him earn 230,000 pounds sterling per week (€258,538 at the current exchange). This would result in an annual salary close to 12.5 million euros.
The player has already declined various contract extensions with the club, as the interest of Real Madrid - and, to a lesser extent, Manchester United - grew. This information, however, does contrast somewhat with comments made on Thursday by Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino.
"He's happy, he's always been happy," the Argentine said.
Eriksen, a key player for the Lily Whites, has been a substitute in two of the first four Premier League games this season. He did, though, start in the London derby against Arsenal and scored.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch