'Neymar is Ballon d'Or contender', says PSG teammate Herrera
Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Ander Herrera is relishing the "incredible opportunity" to play in the same side as Neymar, who he puts in the top 5.
Ander Herrera is excited to play alongside Neymar and believes the Brazilian can challenge fellow Paris Saint-Germain team-mate Kylian Mbappé to win the Ballon d'Or.
Neymar and Mbappé up with the best
The 27-year-old made his return from injury by featuring twice for Brazil during the international break and is in contention to start PSG's Ligue 1 clash with Strasbourg on Saturday.
Neymar has finished third in the Ballon d'Or running in two of the last four seasons and, despite missing Brazil's Copa America triumph and the opening month of PSG's title defence, Herrera thinks he will be in the running to be crowned the world's greatest player.
Herrera, who is in line to make his first league appearance for the Parisians since joining from Manchester United during the close season, also rates striker Mbappé and midfielder Marco Verratti among the best around.
"[Neymar] is one of the five best players in the world and a candidate for the gold ball with Mbappé," he told reporters.
"I'm excited and happy to play with Neymar. For me, it's great. This is an incredible opportunity for me to play with players like Neymar, like Kylian Mbappé or Marco Verratti, who can for me become the best midfielder very soon.
"We are going to make sure that he has his best season and that he is even better."
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Lampard's Chelsea equal entire 2019-20 error tally in 45 minutes
- Atlético Madrid Simeone wants Suárez to be a Falcao-like catalyst for success
- Premier League Premier League Preview: Liverpool vs Arsenal
- Premier League Solskjaer admits Man Utd 'got away with one' after last-gasp victory
- STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus checks: what is proposed in Democrats' new $2.4 trillion plan?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news