Kubo makes home LaLiga debut as Mallorca draw
The Japanese player was brought on in the 62nd minute to replace Dani Rodríguez and was instrumental in securing a penalty for his Mallorca side.
Japanese teenager Takefusa Kubo made his Son Moix debut for Mallorca as the Balearic island side faced Athletic Club in the opening LaLiga game of matchday four on Friday night.
The midfielder replaced Dani Rodríguez in the 62nd minute of the action and minutes later he was key in earning a penalty for his side with Athletic defender Yuri tripping the Japanese player in the box only for Abdón to miss the resulting kick.
After the game, Kubo spoke to the media stating: "I'm really placed to have made my Son Moix debut. I feel a sense of admiration from the fans and am anxious to pay this back on the pitch. My team-mates and back-room staff are all now like a family".
🎙 Take Kubo en rueda de prensa— RCD Mallorca (@RCD_Mallorca) September 14, 2019
🇪🇸 “Estoy muy agradecido por debutar en casa y por cómo la afición me ha acogido”
🇯🇵 ホームでデビューでき、ファンの声援にとても感謝している。僕のことを気に入ってくれているから今後もそうあり続けるようにしっかりやって行きたい 🔴⚫️👹 pic.twitter.com/eUlNjXICQW
Kubo had limited time to prepare with his Mallorca side, only returning from international duty with his Samurai Blue international side as they go their 2022 World Cup campaign off to a winning start against Myanmar.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend