Neymar must accept getting booed by the fans, says Tuchel
Thomas Tuchel praised Neymar's response after the Paris Saint-Germain star was on the receiving end of booing from the team's fans.
Paris Saint-Germain coach Thomas Tuchel said Neymar had to accept the boos from fans after he marked his return with a spectacular winner against Strasbourg. Playing his first game of the season for PSG, Neymar produced a moment of magic in additional time, scoring an acrobatic goal to lift PSG to a 1-0 win on Saturday.
Neymar has to handle irate fans
But the Brazil star was targeted by his own fans, booed after a pre-season transfer saga during which he reportedly pushed for a return to Barcelona. Tuchel said the 27-year-old needed to accept being booed by supporters, but he praised Neymar's response.
"It was not easy because he is a sensitive guy, but he did well," he told a news conference. "That's the life, it's not easy for the fans too during the transfer market. That's why we have to accept their behaviour. I don't want to judge their behaviour, it's like that. It was not easy. He can play better, with more dribbling and more accelerations. He needs several games in order to find the right rhythm and his physical abilities to make our game faster with his sprints. He has the quality to decide the destiny of a game. I am happy he showed that in the last minute."
Top of the table
PSG hold a two-point lead atop Ligue 1 after claiming their fourth victory in five league games. They host Real Madrid in a blockbuster Champions League clash on Wednesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match