Real Madrid have the budget to sign a galáctico next summer
The club's accounts are set to be approved today. In 2018-19, there was 156 million euros in the coffers and a further 285 million available through loans.
Real Madrid's delegate members will meet to today to approve the club's financial accounts - a brief look at the figures makes interesting reading. The balance sheet highlights Madrid's potential spending power for next season and show that the club has enough liquidity to make a big money galáctico-style signing next summer. All that remains, is for the chosen player (which looks very likely to be Kylian Mbappé), to agree to the move. Apart from the 156 million euros liquid assets which Madrid have at their disposal, the accounts also reveal that there is an additional 285 million euros available in credit - a loan which Madrid have been offered which includes highly favourable conditions and interest rates, should they need to make a large-scale investment. That credit is not part of the loan arrangement to refurbish the Bernabéu.
Madrid able to make a big name signing next summer
With the budget for next season now known, Madrid will be able to afford a galáctico signing in 2020 if necessary. The club has its doubts about Neymar for various reasons - his constant injury problems, the player's close circle and the fact that in 2013, he left Madrid dangling to sign insteasd for Barcelona. Mbappé though, does look like a player with a bright future. Madrid's plan is to try to presuade him not to renew with PSG (he is under contract until June 2022) which would mean that next summer, the French club would be obliged to offer him a new deal or sell him before he is able to run down his contract and eventually leave on a free.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Pep Guardiola calls for Man City shutdown after UEFA decision
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mané looks to surpass Ronaldo, Dortmund prepare for Mbappé – UCL in Opta numbers
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Report links club with Facebook accounts aimed at damaging players' images
- MANCHESTER UNITED Fernandes' set-pieces "top class" – Solskjaer lauds new Man Utd signing
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"