Barcelona: Messi back training and will make Dortmund trip
Barça fly out to Germany tomorrow for their first Champions League group game. Leo Messi remains doubtful but could start on the bench.
Leo Messi returned to full training with the Barcelona squad this morning - 45 days after suffering a calf muscle injury. The Argentinean completed the session, which was held behind closed doors at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper, and all indications point to him making the trip to Dortmund for this week's Champions League opener.
The final decision will be made by Ernesto Valverde and his coaching staff after tomorrow's session. Messi and the Barça squad have a midday session at the Ciutat Esportiva - the last workout before the squad flies to Germany for Tuesday's meeting with Borussia Dortmund. On this occasion, Barcelona will train at home rather than at Signal Iduna Park. Valverde will announce his squad list for the game after the session.
If Messi gets through tomorrow's session like today's, he will be on the plane with the squad tomorrow afternoon because he is desperate to get back playing - especially in the Champions League and on Saturday, he claimed that he was feeling fine physically. However, it is unlikely Messi will be risked on Tuesday night - he will start on the bench and could come on for the final 30 minutes of the game.
Ousmane Dembélé also returned to train with the group today but unlike Messi, he didn't complete the session. He only took part in the warm-up drills and is ruled out of the Dortmund game. Barcelona will be back on the training ground at 12:00 hours tomorrow. Ernesto Valverde will be joined by one of his players for the pre-match press conference at 19:15 hours in Dortmund.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos reaching contract crossroads
- SUPER LEAGUE Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus face sanctions as UEFA reaches deal with other Super League clubs
- NFL Why does Aaron Rodgers want to leave the Green Bay Packers, and what could be his next possible NFL team?
- Coronavirus US How many people have died from the covid vaccine in the US?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...