Keylor Navas has no desire for revenge against Real Madrid
The Costa Rica stopper, who swapped the Bernabéu for Paris during the summer, holds no ill-feeling towards his former employers ahead of Champions League clash.
While all eyes were on Neymar in Paris on Saturday as PSG hosted Strasbourg, Keylor Navas did what he has been doing for his entire career: quietly getting on with the job.
The former Real Madrid keeper was sent to Paris in an exchange deal for Alphonse Areola at the end of the transfer window and has been installed as PSG’s number one, a position he held at Madrid through three triumphant Champions League campaigns until the arrival of Thibaut Courtois in 2018.
The match itself took a backseat with Neymar’s return to the PSG fold, welcome or otherwise, was the main focus until the Brazilian duly popped up to score a stunning winner in stoppage time but Navas endeared himself to the Parc des Princes with a fine one-handed diving save from Ludovic Ajorque in the first half to keep the scores level.
Navas: "I had some amazing experiences at Madrid but now I’m in Paris"
Asked after the game about facing his former employers in the Champions League when Madrid visit Paris on Wednesday and whether he would enjoy sending them home empty handed, Navas was typically polite. “I live my life without letting my head drop and by working hard all the time,” the keeper said. “I had some amazing experiences at Madrid that form part of my career but now I’m in Paris and I want to do the best I can here for the fans, who welcomed me with great affection.”
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim