Liverpool stars Mané, Salah have "reconciled" after Burnley spat
The spat between Liverpool stars Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mané is over, according to the latter, who has "reconciled" with his team-mate.
Sadio Mané insists his issue with Mohamed Salah has been forgotten and the Senegal forward has reconciled with his fellow Liverpool star.
Mané did not hide his anger at Salah when he was taken off in Liverpool's 3-0 win over Burnley prior to the international break, with the Egyptian having failed to play his team-mate in for a great chance moments earlier.
Liverpool returned to action in style on Saturday, taking a five-point lead at the top of the Premier League thanks to their 3-1 win over Newcastle United – Mané scoring twice in the first half before Salah rounded things off.
"With Salah? It's forgotten"
Mané has now affirmed there is no problem between himself and Salah, who shared the Premier League golden boot with Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang last season.
"With Salah? It's forgotten," Mané told Canal+.
"These are things that happen in football. Sometimes you have to say things face to face. Sometimes it happens that I am not given the pass.
"But we have reconciled and become the good friends we were before."
Salah had previously laughed off the spat on Twitter, using a viral video of two toddlers running to one another and hugging, with his and Mané's heads superimposed on the children.
Mané and Salah are both on four Premier League goals so far this campaign and are likely to feature when Jürgen Klopp's side start the defence of their Champions League title against Napoli on Tuesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Dugarry calls Messi 'half autistic kid' during Griezmann rant
- THE BEST Sadio Mané should have beaten Messi to FIFA's Best award, says Alain Giresse
- LIVERPOOL Klopp: "I would never compare myself with Dalglish or Shankly"
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Achraf Hakimi move to Inter Milan confirmed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: US unemployment falls to 11.1% as June sees 4.8m new jobs
- ATLÉTICO Simeone: "Griezmann's situation in one word? I'll do it in two: no comment"