Anthony Taylor to referee PSG-Real Madrid Champions League
The experienced English referee will be accompanied by his countrymen as they take control of the opening Group A match at the Parc de Princes.
English referee Anthony Taylor will take charge of the Champions League opening group game between Paris saint-Germain and Real Madrid. The hugely anticipated match kicks off on Wednesday 18 September at 21:00 CEST in the Parc de Princes.
Taylor whistles in Paris
Alongside the experienced ref in the French capital will be Gary Beswick and Adam Nunn as assistants, while Stuart Atwell will be responsible for VAR.
It is not the first time that Taylor has been handed the whistle for one of Spain's big sides, having already officiated Champions League games with Barça as well as Sevilla and Valencia in the Europa League.
The man in the middle for Atlético Madrid's home game against Juventus at the Wanda Metropolitano is Danny Makkelie from the Netherlands. He will be assisted by Mario Diks and Hessel Steegstra, while the man in the VAR box will be Jochem Kamphuis.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- SERIE A Opta's Serie A Team of the Season: Cristiano Ronaldo, Immobile...
- Premier League Lampard calls for defensive improvements amid rumours of a clear-out
- CORONAVIRUS Li-Meng Yan: coronavirus was developed in Chinese military lab
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético: Thomas not ruled out of Champions League quarter finals