Anthony Taylor to referee PSG-Real Madrid Champions League
The experienced English referee will be accompanied by his countrymen as they take control of the opening Group A match at the Parc de Princes.
English referee Anthony Taylor will take charge of the Champions League opening group game between Paris saint-Germain and Real Madrid. The hugely anticipated match kicks off on Wednesday 18 September at 21:00 CEST in the Parc de Princes.
Taylor whistles in Paris
Alongside the experienced ref in the French capital will be Gary Beswick and Adam Nunn as assistants, while Stuart Atwell will be responsible for VAR.
It is not the first time that Taylor has been handed the whistle for one of Spain's big sides, having already officiated Champions League games with Barça as well as Sevilla and Valencia in the Europa League.
The man in the middle for Atlético Madrid's home game against Juventus at the Wanda Metropolitano is Danny Makkelie from the Netherlands. He will be assisted by Mario Diks and Hessel Steegstra, while the man in the VAR box will be Jochem Kamphuis.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League United worry ahead of Liverpool game as De Gea limps off for Spain
- Spain U-21 Barcelona teenage sensation Ansu Fati makes Spain U-21 debut
- PSG Tuchel: "It's not nice to hear Neymar saying he wants to leave"
- FOOTBALL UEFA charge Bulgaria over racist chants and Nazi salutes
- Euro 2020 Euro 2020 qualifying tables
- BARCELONA Barcelona planning 589 km bus trip to Eibar