Lionel Messi trains and in Barcelona squad for Dortmund
It has been 115 days since the talismanic Argentine was called up for the final of the Copa del Rey against Valencia, but now he's back.
Forty-six days after picking up an injury in the first training session after the holidays Lionel Messi returns in time to be named in Barcelona's official squad for the trip to face Borussia Dortmund.
Messi returns for Barça
The Argentine was given the all clear after completing Monday morning's training with the rest of his teammates and sees his name for part of the list those summoned by Ernesto Valverde for Tuesday's game against the Bundesliga side.
Messi has now completed two consecutive training sessions at the same rhythm as his teammates and the feeling is, in principle, that he will start the Champions League opener debut game from the bench. This will provide the manager with a more than handy replacement if things are not going to plan. This could mean a first chance to link up Suárez, Griezmann and Messi.
Barça's squad for Dortmund:
Goalkeepers: Ter Stegen, Neto, Iñaki Peña
Defenders: Semedo, Piqué, Lenglet, Wague, Todibo, Jordi Alba, Junior Firpo
Midfielders: Sergi Roberto, Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur, De Jong, Aleñá, Arturo Vidal
Forwards: Suárez, Griezmann, Carles Peña, Ansu Fati, Messi
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim