Lionel Messi trains and in Barcelona squad for Dortmund
It has been 115 days since the talismanic Argentine was called up for the final of the Copa del Rey against Valencia, but now he's back.
Forty-six days after picking up an injury in the first training session after the holidays Lionel Messi returns in time to be named in Barcelona's official squad for the trip to face Borussia Dortmund.
Messi returns for Barça
The Argentine was given the all clear after completing Monday morning's training with the rest of his teammates and sees his name for part of the list those summoned by Ernesto Valverde for Tuesday's game against the Bundesliga side.
Messi has now completed two consecutive training sessions at the same rhythm as his teammates and the feeling is, in principle, that he will start the Champions League opener debut game from the bench. This will provide the manager with a more than handy replacement if things are not going to plan. This could mean a first chance to link up Suárez, Griezmann and Messi.
Barça's squad for Dortmund:
Goalkeepers: Ter Stegen, Neto, Iñaki Peña
Defenders: Semedo, Piqué, Lenglet, Wague, Todibo, Jordi Alba, Junior Firpo
Midfielders: Sergi Roberto, Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur, De Jong, Aleñá, Arturo Vidal
Forwards: Suárez, Griezmann, Carles Peña, Ansu Fati, Messi
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid