Lionel Messi trains and in Barcelona squad for Dortmund
It has been 115 days since the talismanic Argentine was called up for the final of the Copa del Rey against Valencia, but now he's back.
Forty-six days after picking up an injury in the first training session after the holidays Lionel Messi returns in time to be named in Barcelona's official squad for the trip to face Borussia Dortmund.
Messi returns for Barça
The Argentine was given the all clear after completing Monday morning's training with the rest of his teammates and sees his name for part of the list those summoned by Ernesto Valverde for Tuesday's game against the Bundesliga side.
Messi has now completed two consecutive training sessions at the same rhythm as his teammates and the feeling is, in principle, that he will start the Champions League opener debut game from the bench. This will provide the manager with a more than handy replacement if things are not going to plan. This could mean a first chance to link up Suárez, Griezmann and Messi.
Barça's squad for Dortmund:
Goalkeepers: Ter Stegen, Neto, Iñaki Peña
Defenders: Semedo, Piqué, Lenglet, Wague, Todibo, Jordi Alba, Junior Firpo
Midfielders: Sergi Roberto, Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur, De Jong, Aleñá, Arturo Vidal
Forwards: Suárez, Griezmann, Carles Peña, Ansu Fati, Messi
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list