CD Tacon remove Real Madrid badge from shirts and shorts
The Real Madrid crest was on Tacon's kit in their Liga Iberdrola opener, but was nowhere to be seen in this weekend's win over Sporting Huelva.
One of the curiosities thrown up by CD Tacon's Liga Iberdrola opener against Barcelona a week ago was the presence of the Real Madrid club crest on their kit.
Real badge disappears in win over Sporting Huelva
David Aznar's side, who went down to a heavy, 9-1 defeat to the Catalans, wore a white, Adidas strip in the style of Madrid's men's teams, with the Tacon logo on the front of their shirts and shorts, and Los Blancos' badge visible inside the gold numbers printed on each garment.
However, this was not the case when the future Real Madrid Femenino this weekend played their first home league match at the Spanish giants' Valdebebas sports complex. In the 3-0 victory over Sporting Huelva, the Madrid crest was nowhere to be seen on shirt and short numbers which this time were jet black.
Pérez vows to create side to "compete at the highest level"
On Sunday, Real Madrid members approved the 300,000-euro purchase of Tacon at the club's general assembly, president Florentino Pérez promising major investment in a team that will not officially be absorbed by Madrid until next summer.
"From 1 July 2020, our commitment will be to strengthen women's football in Spain and compete at the highest level as a club," Pérez said. "The time has come to build a team that can compete and make the club's fans and members proud."
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"