Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
Neither the Uruguayan nor the French striker have recovered in time to play against Real Madrid. Neymar meanwhile, is suspended. "I'm sad", said Mbappé.
Three big names won't be involved in PSG's meeting with Real Madrid at Parc des Princes this Wednesday. The French club announced this evening that two of their star players - Kylian Mbappé and Edinson Cavani, will miss the game. Both strikers won't recover in time from their respective injuries which means that coach Thomas Tuchel will be go into the game without his star-studded trident as Neymar, who is suspended, will also sit the game out.
Just moments after PSG's announcement, Mbappé took to social media to express his sadness at missing the Madrid match as well as sending a message to the fans: "Now it's official, I won't be able to begin our European campaign at home against Real Madrid. I'm very sad at not being able to play but I'll be giving my full support to the team from the stands. I hope to be at 100% on my return to give my best as I always do".
Diario AS reported on Sunday that Mbappé would miss the Madrid game, but Cavani's absence comes as a surprise. PSG Had expected the Uruguayan to be back for Saturday's Ligue1 against Strasbourg. But Tuchel left him out of the squad list and now Cavani will also miss taking on Zidane's Madrid.
Madrid also under-strength
Madrid also have players in the sickbay and will travel to Paris without several key players. This morning, it was confirmed that Marcelo will sit the game out. Zidane is also without Modric, Valverde, Isco and Asensio who are injured as well as suspension-hit pair, Sergio Ramos and Nacho...
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim