Barcelona make Ansu Fati a tasty new contract renewal offer
According to Club de la Mitjanit, the 16-year old is being lined up for an extension to his contract to keep him at the Camp Nou.
Ansu Fati may only be 16 years of age, but already he's taking up a lot of the attention in and around FC Barcelona as the 2019/20 season picks up. With injuries allowing the youngster to take his place in the Barça XI he has contributed two goals and an assist in three appearances, and the club are reportedly looking to tie him down to a big contract.
Barça line up big Fati deal
FC Barcelona's plan, according to Catalan radio programme Club de la Mitjanit, is to get Fati's signature on an extension to his current agreement, one that locks him into the club for five years. This renewal carries a bonus to the player of 700,000 euros, although his salary will be dependent on whether he remains officially part of the 'B' team or is included in the first team squad along with the likes of Messi, Suárez, Griezmann and Dembélé.
If he stays with Barça B, Ansu will earn 300,000 euros per year in his first season but, if he was to make the jump to the first team, he would receive a million euros annually. This figure would increase at a rate of 250,000 euros per year in the first three years.
The report adds that the renewal negotiations also include talk over the contract of his brother Brahima, a Barça B player on loan to Calahorra until the end of the season. The Guinean, whose contract ends on 30 June 2020, would stay at the Camp Nou club for a further three years.
Ansu could debut in Champions League
Although Lionel Messi is making the trip to Dortmund for Tuesday's Champions League opener, Valverde is expected to start his talisman on the bench as he recovers from his lay-off. Fati could line up alongside Griezmann and Luis Suárez, with the Argentine awaiting his chance from the bench if required.
If he does play, Ansu Fati will enter the list of the top ten youngest players to appear in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Potential Madrid presidential election could influence summer signings
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey: Messi striving to save Barça's season as chaos reigns
- NBA NBA round-up: LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers
- FOOTBALL Ibrahimovic makes Sanremo festival debut: "I have been the best on this stage"
- LeBron not enough as Suns sizzle against Lakers, Beal sets Wizards record
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | When it is coming & IRS tax return | Live