Real Madrid squad for PSG opener in Champions League
The Real Madrid manager has announced his 19 players for the matchday squad heading to the French capital for the first assault on the Champions League.
Real Madrid have announced the matchday squad picked by Zinedine Zidane ahead of the first game of the Champions League group stage 2019/20. And what a game to get the competition underway as they fly into the French capital to face up against Paris Saint-Germain at the Parc de Princes.
Most of the names on the list were expected with only a few doubts over players that have found themselves on the fringe of the games so far this season. Young Brazilian Rorygo Goes makes the trip while Mariano - a striker that had appeared to be on his way to Sevilla in the summer - and Brahim have been left behind.
Captain Sergio Ramos and fellow defender Nacho are both suspended for the game, which means that it will very possibly be an unlikely start for new signing Militao alongside Varane. Another addition to the side in the summer, Ferland Mendy, is also expected to start, with Marcelo ruled out with injury.
The eagerly anticipated game kicks off on Wednesday 18 September at 21:00 CEST, and you can follow all the action live with AS English from around an hour before.
Real Madrid squad for PSG
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola, Altube
Defenders: Carvajal, Militao, Varane, Odriozola, Mendy, De la Fuente
Midfielders: Kroos, Casemiro, James
Forwards: Hazard, Benzema, Bale, Lucas Vázquez, Jovic, Vinicius, Rodrygo
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid