Karim Benzema - nine games without scoring against PSG
The Real Madrid striker has played against PSG 10 times but but only found the net once. He has never beaten Keylor Navas as a rival.
Karim Benzema will go into tomorrow's meeting with Paris-Saint Germain keen to continue huis current goal scoring form and also to improve his figures against the French side. The Real Madrid no.9 was on target twice against Levante on Saturday and was only denied a hat trick by the woodwork. But it's been a different story in his run-ins with PSG. In the 10 official games he has played against the Parisiens, he's only scored once - in the very first encounter with PSG in the Trophée des Champions when he was still on the books at Olympique Lyon in July 2006 - three years before he joined Los Blancos. Thirteen years, Benzema is aiming to end his barren run against PSG.
Benzema contra el PSG
Up against Keylor
On Wednesday night, Karim will be up against a keeper he knows very well - Keylor Navas. He has beaten the Costa Rican countless times on the training pitch during the five years they spents as team mates but he has never beaten Keylor in an official match. They have been on opposing sides just twice - in 2013-14, when Keylor was guarding the net for Levante, they met in Week 8 of LaLiga (Sergio Ramos, Morata and Cristiano getting the goals in the 2-3 win) and again in Week 27 when Marcelo and Cristiano found the net - and Nikos Karabelas turned one in past his own keeper as it finished 3-0.
Te recomendamos en English
- Square Enix's E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 Microsoft's Xbox and Bethesda conference at E3 2021 recap: games, announcements, trailers
- Euro 2020 Denmark team doctor: Eriksen was 'gone' after suffering cardiac arrest
- E3 2021 After missing E3 2021, will Sony (PlayStation) have a State of Play in the summer? When?
- EURO 2020 | GROUP F France vs Germany: Mbappé explains Giroud annoyance
- EURO 2020 France vs Germany: Benzema and Griezmann get green light