Barcelona's record away from home the worst in 18 years
Since the defeat in Vigo in Week 36 last season, Barcelona have been unable to win at Anfield, Ipurúa, San Mamés, El Sadar and Signal Iduna Park.
Whether is the start of a worrying trend or just a blip at the start of the season, it will all be a little clearer for Barcelona after Saturday's trip to Granada. Barça currently find themselves in an unusually long run in which they have been unable to win away from home.The team has gone six games without a win on the road - the longest spell since in 18 years. The Blaugranas went seven games without victory away from Camp between March and May 2001 - their worst run over the past decade.
The current run all started with the 2-0 Week 36 defeat to Celta de Vigo in Balaídos on 4 May when Valverde's team had already clinched the league. Maybe they were saving their energy for the Champions League return leg at Anfield three days later, but that game also ended in defeat (4-0). They finished the season with a 2-2 draw away at Eibar.
Barcelona's away record this season
The team's away form hasn't improved much at the start of the present season where they have posted one defeats and two draws. Athletic Club snatched victory in the final minute of the opening LaLiga game at San Mamés thanks to Aritz Aduriz's acrobatic winner. A fortnight later in Pamplona, Barça were held to a 2-2 draw and last night's Champions League trip to Dortmund ended in a 0-0 stalemate and could have ended worse if it wasn't for Ter Stegen.
Barça's struggles away from home isn't entirely new - especially in the Champions League where the team has suffered defeats away at Manchester City, PSG, Juventus, Roma, Liverpool... although there were also victories at Wembley against Tottenham and Old Trafford against Manchester United. Under Ernesto Valverde, Barça have only lost two games in the Champions League - two key games - against Roma at the Olimpico and Liverpool at Anfield.
Te recomendamos en English
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why does McConnell advise against the deal?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how can I track my early vote ballot?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho dismisses 'Spursy' tag but says defending must improve
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020