Barcelona rule out muscle tear: Jordi Alba out for 10 to 15 days
The full-back underwent tests this morning which ruled out a muscle tear to the player's left hamstring. He will miss the next three league games.
When Jordi Alba limped out of last night's Champions League game in Dortmund, coaching staff feared the worst. The full-back seemed to turned awkwardly five minutes before half-time and couldn't continue. The first tests conducted inside the dressing room didn't inpsire optimism as the player was clearly in a lot of pain and initially, it was thought he could have torn his left hamstring.
Scan rules out tear
As soon as the squad arrived back in Barcelona, Alba underwent a scan at the Ciutat Esportiva to get a clearer indication of his injury. Fortunately, the results of the scan ruled out a muscle tear and while the medical report which Barça sent out this morning didn't go into any detail, it is believed the defender will be out for the next 10 to 15 days.
Jordi Alba will miss the upcoming LaLiga games against Granada, Villarreal and probably Getafe, but should be back to full fitness to return for the Champions League Matchday 2 clash with Inter Milan on 2 October. Valverde has the left-back position covered - recent signing Junior Firpo will stand in while Alba is recovering.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January