PSG 3-0 Real Madrid: "There can be no excuses," says Casemiro
Casemiro gave a frank assessment of Real Madrid's display after Los Blancos lost to PSG in their Champions League group-stage opener on Wednesday.
Casemiro pulled no punches in his assessment of Real Madrid's 3-0 Champions League defeat to Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday night, conceding that there "can be no excuses" for Los Blancos' poor performance at the Parc des Princes.
Casemiro's post-match interview:
Analysis of defeat:
"We didn't play well; they had control of the game. We know that this is a tough place to come to - they're very strong, they've got top players. There can be no excuses. We didn't play well, but there's still time to improve in many areas. We've got to keep on working hard. There's a long way to go."
Greater aggression from PSG?
"No, they didn't beat us because of that. We always look to give our all, to be aggressive. We tried hard, we worked hard, but this is a very difficult ground to come to. If you don't put in a nigh-on perfect display, you won't win. They were the better side; we have to keep on working."
No shots on target:
"We had chances and had the ball in the back of the net twice, but they weren't given. But I think there can be no excuses. We didn't perform well. It's a difficult moment to talk about it, right after playing badly. We're working hard and we have time to turn this around. We know we need to improve."
Te recomendamos en English
- SPACEFLIGHT SpaceX, NASA launch: new date and why it has been postponed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Can I refuse to have my temperature taken before work?
- LALIGA LaLiga given green light for Monday and Friday games this season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Four more positive tests in Premier League
- CORONAVIRUS 4th of July 2020: what’s going to happen on Independence Day?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Has Sweden’s herd immunity strategy failed?