Ousmane Dembélé returns to training with Barcelona
The French winger returned to training before schedule and could be fit to face Granada but it looks like he will have to wait for his return to action.
Ousmane Dembélé returned to training on Thursday after missing the last month with a hamstring injury. The French winger suffered the injury during the Athletic Bilbao league opener but believed it to be cramp before further tests revealed the extent of the damage.
Barcelona will take it slow with his return to action despite Dembélé's eagerness to get back on the field. He was linked with a move away from the club during the summer as part of a potential Neymar deal but he rejected any and all offers to leave as he wants to succeed at Barcelona.
Ernesto Valverde's side travel to Granada at the weekend but it looks like he will have to wait for his return to action until next week. Barcelona have Villarreal at the Camp Nou next Tuesday and Getafe on Saturday in LaLiga.
Valverde's attacking options improve
Jordi Alba was ruled out with a hamstring injury after the Borussia Dortmund game but Valverde is slowly starting to regain all of his starting atttackers. Lionel Messi played his first minutes of the season against the German side in the Champions League as a second half substitute.
Ansu Fati has benefitted from the rash of injuries that saw Dembélé, Suárez and Messi struck down but the Frenchman's return could put a dent in his time on the field even though the 16-year-old has had an amazing impact with two goals and one assist in four games.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win