David Silva to join Beckham's Inter Miami in the summer
David Silva will join Inter Miami in the summer as David Beckham lands his first superstar according to a report in The Independent.
David Silva is set to join David Beckham's Inter Miami side once his contract at Manchester City expires according to the Independent. The Spaniard renewed his deal at the Etihad for a year last season but it expires in the summer and the report says he is likely to take his talents to Miami once the season ends.
Silva has won four titles, two FA Cups and four League Cups during his spell in the Premier League and has been mentioned in the conversation as the league's greatest ever foreigner. The 33-year-old move to City from Valencia in 2010 and has played 402 times in the sky blue with 71 goals to his name.
Beckham's Inter Miami recruitment plan
Beckham is said to be recruiting a number of Spanish-speaking stars in an effort to appeal to Florida's strong hispanic community. It will be Inter Miami's first season in the MLS, which starts in March.
As the newest club in MLS gets ready to begin, several names have been linked including Hugo Lloris and even Lionel Messi. Beckham, who was one of the galacticos signed under Florentino Perez also has his eyes on Zinedine Zidane as the manager of the club.
Silva says he would never play in the Premier League with another club and was linked with a move to Qatar. He is playing at the highest level and still has plenty to offer and while his international career is over, he won't be retiring from club football for a while.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS LA Galaxy fire struggling former Boca coach Schelotto
- Diego Maradona Maradona at 60: The star of Mexico 1986 – and the World Cup handball king
- REAL MADRID The 9 is a problem
- Europa League Benfica boss Jesus rejects Barça comparison: Koeman's team has nothing
- DISNEY+ Star Wars The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- 2020 US ELECTIONS US elections: What's Trump's plan to deal with Coronavirus?