'Madrid in crisis' scream the Catalan media
The two topics taking Friday's headlines of the Barcelona-centred press are how things are schadenfreude and Messi fashion.
It's Friday and the Catalan newspaper headlines are split between two of their favourite topics: Lionel Messi and problems at Real Madrid.
'Madrid in crisis'
Mundo Deportivo's front cover leads with 'White crisis' and point to the ever-growing doubts over the suitability of Zinedine Zidane being in charge (the same paper was also reporting Pérez' Xabi Alonso plan). They highlight the record summer spending by the capital club but how it has not worked as a solution to the huge issues of last year. A big win against table-topping Sevilla on Sunday would ruin that narrative.
Sport, on the other hand, put Madrid's troubles to one side as they help to promote Messi's new venture. The Argentine has launched his own range of clothing, a business that will be managed by his sister. The footalling news is that the little maestro should be available to face Granada this weekend in what should be our first glimpse of the Messi-Suárez-Griezmann front line.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: How often should I wash my hands if I'm on lockdown?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid-19 | Suggestions for a post-coronavirus football 'reform'
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March