Newcastle United closely watching Atlanta's Josef Martinez
The Atlanta United striker and current holder of the MLS season scoring record, Josef Martinez is being closely watched by Premier League side Newcastle United.
MLS is growing, and the world is noticing, with eyes falling on American league players, as Major League Soccer features both top international names and home grown talent.
The English side already signed former Martinez teammate, Miguel Almirón and now want to add to their ranks the current Atlanta United striker. However, Newcastle is not the only team interested in Martinez's services.
Everton are also reported to be monitoring the 26-year-old striker with the current MLS Open Cup holders locking the attacker to a five-year contract in January.
Is now the time for the current MVP contender to make the big move to Europe in hands with the Magpies or will he stay with Atlanta United? Only time will tell.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham form is not 'Spursy' but defending must improve - Mourinho
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer confirms Bailly injury blow for Manchester United
- BUNDESLIGA Manchester City: Angeliño is benefitting from Guardiola education, says Nagelsmann
- FOOTBALL Figo: "A European Premier League would destroy football"