Netherlands keen on convincing Sergiño Dest to join them
The Royal Dutch Football Association will have a meeting with the young United States national team player in an attempt to convince him to switch sides.
The Royal Dutch Football Association will meet with the current US national team player Sergiño Dest, in an attempt to convince him on switch sides and join the Dutch team instead of staying with the United States team, with whom the youngster made his debut in the last international break.
Erwin van de Looi, the U21 Dutch team coach, talked about the interest the Netherlands have in the American player who was recently promoted to Ajax first team, assuring they have been in contact with Dest.
De KNVB gaat op zeer korte termijn om tafel met Sergiño Dest. Blijft hij speler van de Verenigde Staten of kiest de rechtsback toch nog voor Oranje?https://t.co/Zwms2HNUYd— VI (@VI_nl) September 20, 2019
"We invited him to an interview but had to cancel due to commitments with Ajax, but we hope an agreement will be reached as soon as possible," said Erwin van de Looi, who could become Dest's new coach, if the 18 years old player decides to make the move from the USA to the Netherlands side.
However, the United States national team hope that Sergiño Dest will stay with them; for that to happen, the USMNT must hand Dest his senior debut in the CONCACAF Nations League during next month's international break when USA will face Cuba and Canada.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid