Juventus: Buffon matches Maldini appearance record
The veteran stopper made his 902nd appearance for Juventus in Saturday's clash with Hellas Verona to equal Paolo Maldini's record.
Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has matched Paolo Maldini's record of 902 appearances at club level after being handed a rare start against Hellas Verona.
The 41-year-old returned to Juve during the close season after a one-year spell at Paris Saint-Germain and has also previously represented Parma.
Unlike Maldini, who spent his entire career with Serie A rivals AC Milan, Buffon's appearances have been spread across three clubs.
He played 220 times for Parma at the start of his career, was used 25 times in a largely underwhelming campaign with PSG last time out and has now featured 657 times for Juventus.
Buffon was handed his first appearance of the season for Saturday's home league clash with Verona, while Aaron Ramsey was also named in the starting line-up for the first time since joining the club.
902 - Gianluigi #Buffon will play tonight his 902nd match in career with clubs in all competitions:— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) September 21, 2019
equalling Paolo #Maldini. Legends.#JuveVerona #SerieA pic.twitter.com/GL72vmyKQ0
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League United worry ahead of Liverpool game as De Gea limps off for Spain
- Spain U-21 Barcelona teenage sensation Ansu Fati makes Spain U-21 debut
- PSG Tuchel: "It's not nice to hear Neymar saying he wants to leave"
- FOOTBALL UEFA charge Bulgaria over racist chants and Nazi salutes
- Euro 2020 Euro 2020 qualifying tables
- BARCELONA Barcelona planning 589 km bus trip to Eibar