Goal-shy Atlético with only seven goals in six games
Diego Pablo Simeone has assembled a formidable attacking resource in his 2019-20 squad being able to call upon the likes of Morata, Costa, Lemar, Vitolo, João Félix, Saponjic...
Atlético Madrid were unable to find a way past a resolute Celta Vigo side at the Wanda Metroploitano as both sides played out a 0-0 draw on Saturday. Despite plenty of endeavour from strikers Joao Felix, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata and Vitolo, there was nothing the home side could do to open the scoring with Simeone's men failing to score for the second successive LaLiga match.
Atlético have played six competitive games this 2019-20 season (five LaLiga matches and one Champions League group stage game) and have just managed to find the target seven times which is starting to cause concern for the "Rojiblanco" faithful in a squad which features the likes of Morata, Costa, Lemar, Vitolo, João Félix, Saponjic...
Diego Costa's form will be particularly alarming with the Spain international still some way off his best and despite flashes of brilliance Benfica signing Joao Felix has yet to deliver consistency in the red and white shirt. At present Vitolo is top scorer for the club with 2 goals with the rest being shared among Morata, João Félix, Thomas, Savic and Herrera, all having bagged one each.
Atleti now travel to Mallorca for a mid-week clash next week before welcoming Real Madrid next Saturday with the big capital derby offering the perfect stage for Costa and Felix to kick-start their respective seasons against fierce city rivals.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Golden State Stimulus: What is it, who approved it, and how does it differ from federal stimulus check?
- NBA Lakers vs Suns live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- REAL MADRID 2-2 SEVILLA Zidane slams referee after controversial Sevilla penalty
- US News What states are ending pandemic-related unemployment benefits?
- LIGUE 1 PSG title chances dented by draw away to Rennes
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?