Goal-shy Atlético with only seven goals in six games
Diego Pablo Simeone has assembled a formidable attacking resource in his 2019-20 squad being able to call upon the likes of Morata, Costa, Lemar, Vitolo, João Félix, Saponjic...
Atlético Madrid were unable to find a way past a resolute Celta Vigo side at the Wanda Metroploitano as both sides played out a 0-0 draw on Saturday. Despite plenty of endeavour from strikers Joao Felix, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata and Vitolo, there was nothing the home side could do to open the scoring with Simeone's men failing to score for the second successive LaLiga match.
Atlético have played six competitive games this 2019-20 season (five LaLiga matches and one Champions League group stage game) and have just managed to find the target seven times which is starting to cause concern for the "Rojiblanco" faithful in a squad which features the likes of Morata, Costa, Lemar, Vitolo, João Félix, Saponjic...
Diego Costa's form will be particularly alarming with the Spain international still some way off his best and despite flashes of brilliance Benfica signing Joao Felix has yet to deliver consistency in the red and white shirt. At present Vitolo is top scorer for the club with 2 goals with the rest being shared among Morata, João Félix, Thomas, Savic and Herrera, all having bagged one each.
Atleti now travel to Mallorca for a mid-week clash next week before welcoming Real Madrid next Saturday with the big capital derby offering the perfect stage for Costa and Felix to kick-start their respective seasons against fierce city rivals.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA 1 - 0 ESPANYOL Barcelona player ratings vs Espanyol as Suárez secures win
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: When does Trump want schools to reopen?
- Man City 5-0 Newcastle Mahrez goal sees Man City break new ground in Premier League
- World Cup 2022 World Cup 2022: environmentally friendly vehicles for the fans
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Trump says a second package will come "very soon"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho tells Spurs players that attitude "is non-negotiable"