Valencia fans protest en masse against Lim regime
Valencia's home tie against struggling Leganes marked the first home game since the dismissal of Asturian coach Marcelino Garcia Toral.
'VCF yes-Lim no', 'Lim go home', 'Lim get out and sell-up'.... just some of the messages that appeared on the many banners spotted outside Mestalla today ahead of Valencia's LaLiga clash against basement side Leganes.
Today's Spanish league game marked the first home game since former Valencia manager Marcelino was sacked with the Asturian coach stating later in a farewell press conference that he felt winning the Copa del Rey was at the heart of the decision made by the Singaporean owner. Marcelino was a firm fan favourite with the Mestalla faithful enamoured with the coach following the cup win in May followed by taking the side to a fourth place in the 18-19 domestic campaign and securing champions League football for "Los Che".
Thousands of Valencia fans gathered ahead of kick-off to voice their displeasure with the club owner Lim and club president Anil Murthy, unhappy with the decision to sack the former coach and replace him with Albert Celades.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Beckham's Inter Miami make late bid for Edinson Cavani
- Football Kompany believes diversity in football needs to start at the top
- 2020 CONMEBOL Pre-Olympic Tournament Reinier stars in Brazil win as Tokyo 2020 qualification looms closer
- REAL ZARAGOZA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Another chance for Vinicius to impress
- Rumour Has It: Barcelona give up on Rodrigo, Fernandes to Man Utd finally done
- Copa del Reu Iñaki Williams thanks Tenerife fans for 'No to Racism' display