Zidane proud of full squad after Real Madrid win in Sevilla
Los Blancos manager lavished praise on goalscorer Karim Benzema but more so on the efforts of the whole team, including Hazard, Bale and James.
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane was under a lot of pressure following a tepid start to LaLiga and a horrendous beginning to the Champions League. However, it's incredible how much a win can change perspectives, and the Frenchman spoke after the 0-1 victory over Sevilla on Sunday night, clearly relieved.
Zidane delighted with squad effort
"The first thing to say," he began, "is that we are very happy, hugely satisfied.
"We have been questioned a lot, but that is not the most important thing. We played 90 minutes at a top level, in a difficult stadium against an opponent who had started the season very well.
"I have to congratulate the entire squad, those who played and those who did not. It is a group victory. I'm happy for all the players because we completed 90 minutes at a high level.”
Asked about Benzema's contribution Zidane was full of praise.
“I'm very happy about his goal. We know what Karim is capable of. He provided us with the victory but it was along with all the players on the field. We defended very well and we read the game very well tactically.
"It's important when you're able to control an opponent as difficult as today's.”
The win sees Real Madrid go onto the same points as Athletic Club at the top of LaLiga, only behind the Basque side on goal difference, and the coach also lavished praise on the work ethic of Bale, James and Hazard, especially their efforts to help their defence. This was also noted by captain Sergio Ramos.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane