Klopp slept like a log despite rampant Manchester City trouncing
Manchester City thrashed Watford 8-0 on Saturday, but that result did not affect Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp, who says he got a good night's sleep.
Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp insisted he "slept pretty well" despite Manchester City's thumping of Watford in the Premier League on Saturday. Pep Guardiola's defending champions City produced a brilliant performance to thrash Watford 8-0 at the Etihad Stadium. But Liverpool still managed to restore their five-point lead at the top on Sunday, overcoming Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge. Klopp's team sit top of the table with a flawless record - six wins from six and 18 points.
Klopp said he lost no sleep after seeing City's result, with the two clubs again expected to be pushing each other in the title race. "I wanted to see the goals. I saw a two-minute 50 summary after we left the training pitch," he said, via The Telegraph. "So I saw eight goals and three crossbars...? So I need to watch it fully to really understand what happened. It was seriously good, I know. But I think for Watford it was a bit tough, a tough day. But if it can happen against any team in the world it will be City. We had a similar situation three years ago I think when we lost 5-0 there [in 2017]. If you have 10 men the worst place in the world is Manchester. It can happen but no, I slept - really well."
Mid-week Cup clash
Liverpool face MK Dons in the EFL Carabao Cup on Wednesday before a trip to Sheffield United in the Premier League three days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's happening with GameStop stocks, Wall Street and Reddit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how could it be different from the first and second ones?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the use of private prisons?
- US NEWS How many Republican senators have voted to dismiss Trump's impeachment?
- US NEWS How many extra doses of coronavirus vaccines has Biden ordered?
- FOOTBALL UEFA commits to 12 host cities for Euro 2020